1755883 Members
4028 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: warning messages

Giovanni Lopez

warning messages

Hi everybody
I'm facing some problems on a HP Proliant ML350 G5 (Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP2).
Starting from two months ago the server reboots itself, even more frequently.

After I installed HP Software Management Applications I began to read the following Event Viewer alert:
Origin: Cissesrv, Event ID: 24588

Sensor number 1 has reported that the internal temperature has exceeded the preset limit. This sensor is located in box 1 which is connected to port 1I of array controller [Embedded]. The array controller may attempt to shut down power to the attached box and/or spin down the installed disk drives.

In fact, touching the three hard disks of my array, they seems to be really overheated.

Running the Integrated Management Log Viewer I read several instances of the following Alerts:

POST Error: 1972-Drive Array Reports Valid Data Found in Array Accelerator

POST Error: 1779-Drive Array Controller Detects Replacement Drives

The last Alert is:

External SAS Enclosure Overheating (Zone 1, Location Storage, Box 1, Port 1I, Slot 0).

What's happening?

I'll be gratefull for your help
3 REPLIES 3
Gary Antonio Benavides_1
Frequent Advisor

These errors may occur with an old version of the "cissesrv.sys" and "hpciss2.sys" drivers installed. This behavoir has, so far, been seen only on servers running Windows server 2003 32 bit.

Upgrade the Proliant Support Pack to the latest version available, to update the Proliant Smart Array SAS/SATA Event Notification driver and HP Proliant Smart array SAS/SATA Controller driver.
If it's not fun, you're not doing it right
Giovanni Lopez

Thank you for your prompt reply Gary,

May you give me some detailed tips to install this updates?
Russell Raff

Did anything ever come of this? I am experiencing pretty much the same issue: ML370 G5, P400, Server 2003 R2 (64 Bit)

Anyone?

russ