ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1757346 Members
3085 Online
108860 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Adding Memory to ML350

CA1323864

Adding Memory to ML350

I have tried to look through the bios but must be overlooking or something. I am not sure how to turn on dual channel memory for the ML350 so that I can add another stick of RAM. Anyone got an idea?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding Memory to ML350

Rick:

Which model of ML350 do you have?

I believe all you need to do is supply a matched pair of DIMM's and the Dual Channel is automatic. Trying to look it up, but need to know the model...G2? G3? G4? G4p?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
CA1323864

It is a G4. I actually purchased Crucial RAM for it. It is the same RAM as what is in it at the time. When we popped it in, it did not pick it up. I believe my tech told me that it said something about single channel memory enabled.
BR883982
Occasional Advisor

Dual-Channel operation is automatic provided that you have the second DIMM in the correct socket.

You may have to populate Sockets 1&3 or 2&4 with identical pairs of DIMMS ( Not sockets 1&2 and 3&4 )

You can check the result by running the SiSoft SANDRA Memory benchmark with the second DIMM in slot 2 or 3

For background information on the Intel Dual Channel Memory Architecture, please see these documents:

Intel Dual Channel DDR Memory Architecture White Paper
http://www.kingston.com/newtech/MKF_520DDRWhitepaper.pdf

Dual Channel DDR400 memory can balance the performance of the Intel Pentium 4 processor with 800MHz front side bus.
http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/dual_ddr_sb.pdf

Hope that this helps you

CA1323864

Rufus,

I appreciate the help. That worked. That is sort of strange how they do that, but as long as it works!

Thanks again!