ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1754219 Members
3512 Online
108812 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configuring VLANS on BL20p Blade

CA1238487

Configuring VLANS on BL20p Blade

I need to have one of my blade servers attach to 2 separate physical networks. How do I go about this? The server shows 4 physical nics but the chassis only has 2 actual physical connections to our main network.
2 REPLIES 2
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Patrick:

Can you give us a bigger picture...

1. Which interconnects do you have?
2. What kind of connections come from/to the Blade Enclosure? (trunked to other Network Switches, standard uplinks to other switches?

Steven
Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)
CA1238487

I have 2 standard (redundant)uplinks from the chassis to our corporate network. One link goes to each one of our redundant core switches. The blade server connects to the Corporate network just fine right now. What I need to do is attach that same server to a completely separate physical network, totally spearate set of switches, with different IP addresses. The server will ultimately have both a 192.168.x.x and a 172.20.x.x interface. I'm just not sure how to configure that with my exisiting configuration. The 172 network is our corporate network. The 192 is a new additional network. Note: I do have a VLAN created on the corporate switches that is connected to the 192 network.