ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1754280 Members
3649 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Upgrading to Dynamic Disk on Netserver LH Pro w/win2k fails.

Christopher Roussy

Upgrading to Dynamic Disk on Netserver LH Pro w/win2k fails.

Any ideas how to fix this? Whenever I try to upgrade the drive to dynamic (24 gig array, 8mb primary partition) it gives me the ol' BSOD upon reboot. Rebooting again reverts to standard disk type.

I've gotten the latest BIOS and NetRAID (original NetRAID controller) firmware revisions and win2k installs just fine except for the PoS Trident card only running in basic VGA (640x480x16) mode.

I'm really pulling my hair out with this one, having solved nearly every other issue causing me problems with upgrading this server to 2k. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I can provide the error message upon bootup if needed.

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher Roussy

Re: Upgrading to Dynamic Disk on Netserver LH Pro w/win2k fails.

er...that's 8 gig primary partition with the rest currently unallocated. silly typos.

Christopher Roussy

Solved the problem myself by disabling the 'dynamic sizing' option inside the NetRAID adapter bios.

Drive began reporting correct size (previously reported itself as a 1TB drive) and then took an upgrade to dynamic disk smoothly.

Hope this information can help someone else down the road!
meloni
Honored Contributor

hi
For Your Information,
"Virtual sizing" is an option inside the bios of the netraid, it sis used to perform online expantion (without the need to shutdown the server), to acchieve this result, the raid controller show to the OS, a virtual size (tipicaly the max supported in the OS).
Thast is why you found 1 TB in your disk administrator.

bye

marino
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)