Operating System - HP-UX
1754238 Members
2904 Online
108812 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How can I change t_login_timeout#60 to 30 in /tcb/files/auth/system/default file ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
SUBRATAhp-unix
Advisor

How can I change t_login_timeout#60 to 30 in /tcb/files/auth/system/default file ?

Hi,

I want to change the t_login_timeout#60 to 30 in /tcb/files/auth/system/default file.

How can I change it, can i change it dynamically..i mean edit the file and change the value or there is any command for that?

Promise good points.....
6 REPLIES 6
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How can I change t_login_timeout#60 to 30 in /tcb/files/auth/system/default file ?

t_login_timeout means login timeout in seconds.
So you can edit the default file and try to enter;

t_logdelay#2:t_maxtries#10:t_login_timeout#30:\
SUBRATAhp-unix
Advisor

Re: How can I change t_login_timeout#60 to 30 in /tcb/files/auth/system/default file ?

Is it required to restart any services or reboot? after i modify the file.
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

I am not quiet sure but seems not restart OR init any daemon for this, check this doc. out:
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01920025/c01920025.pdf
Hakki Aydin Ucar
Honored Contributor

SUBRATAhp-unix
Advisor

It is done by simply editing with vi editor.Thanks..
SUBRATAhp-unix
Advisor

Thanks