1754282 Members
3011 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with Java Can't load Jvm.dll

David_573
Advisor

Problem with Java Can't load Jvm.dll

Hi, I uninstall all java sun and i install the java which come with insight manager 7 sp2.3 and when i try to manage from the localhost he says "the java runtime environment cannot be loaded from <\bin\hotspot\jvm.dll>"

help are welcome

thank you
7 REPLIES 7
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem with Java Can't load Jvm.dll

Check that in IE (I'm assuming you're using the IE Browser) you do not have anything checked under:
Internet Options / Advanced / Java Sun

The "Use Java 2 v..." should be left unchecked. That way the Application will use the JRE it needs.
David_573
Advisor

I unchecked but my problem still there! what happend is when i try to use insight with IE 6.0 the insight say i need to install jre 1.3.1_09 when i install, he said you have a more recent jre 1.4.0.x do you want to install the 1.3.1_09 I put no then I remove in the option view object in IE the java with the click right and remove then I try to install all jre and remove i restart my computer and no result! Now if i go in the option View object in IE i see Java runtime Environment 1.3.1_09 Damaged and one more Java runtime Environment 1.3.1_09 Installed

thanks
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

You can have multiple JRE's installed.

IM 7 need 1.3, it will not run with 1.4 due to various incompatibility issues.

Unchecking the box lets the application use the JRE it wants rather than the browser dictating which JRE to use.

I have both 1.3 for IM 7 and 1.4 for the new HPSIM and some other apps.
David_573
Advisor

I still have the same problem! Is really weird! When i install the newest jre all is fine i can load java applet but when insight manager install the jre 1.0.3.09 i still have the same error jvm.dll of ....
please help me! For sure some files or reg is screw up!
Brad Keyes
Advisor

What operating system are you running?
David_573
Advisor

windows 2000 professional
Jacobi
Occasional Visitor

Hi David,

I also have had this problem. I solved it with deleting the Sun folder in my windows profile.