Server Management - Remote Server Management
1753460 Members
4733 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Automation Script for login to ILO server and create file/ copy folder inside HTML5 remote console

AMITYADAV
Occasional Contributor

Automation Script for login to ILO server and create file/ copy folder inside HTML5 remote console

Hello Team,

We are using ILO server for project implementation and for our release and deployment activities we need to create file/ copy folder in to the ILO HTML5 remote console.

I would like to create  automation script (powershell /batch /ftp /any...), where i can login to the ILO server and create any file/copy folder inside HTML5 remote console.

Can you please provide any input on this.

6 REPLIES 6
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Automation Script for login to ILO server and create file/ copy folder inside HTML5 remote conso

You could probably connect to ILO via SSH and get the (virtual) serial console of the server, but any kind of the graphical remote console is just like a remote visible console screen, just like if you connect a monitor to the VGA connector.

But maybe it is an option for you to use virtual media and boot from your own custom image?

Depending on what you want to do, maybe you can do it via Intelligent Provisioning?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
sureshaAN
HPE Pro

Re: Automation Script for login to ILO server and create file/ copy folder inside HTML5 remote conso

yes You could connect to ILO via SSH and get the (virtual) serial console of the server, from there you can run you mounted files

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

AMITYADAV
Occasional Contributor

Hi Torston

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am trying to connect ILO Windows server 2008 remote console, also when I am trying to connect to the server using below ssh command I am getting below error.

ssh username@ipAddress

The authenticity of host 'IP address (IP address)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is SHA256:7d1Ap2yHbKg4oIvYZBQpJjDr+jKeePiadPH8xvrOEVc.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?
Host key verification failed.

My requirement is to run PowerShell/ batch script for copy files from my local window machine to ILO window server.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You want to copy files to the server via ILO? This won't work except you use virtual media.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

AMITYADAV
Occasional Contributor

I want to copy files from my local window server to ILO window server using script.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

ILO has no access to servers storage, so you cannot do this.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.