108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Can't login to Ilo

SOLVED
Go to solution
n_20
Frequent Advisor

Can't login to Ilo

Hello, I have a Proliant server, with ILo in it..
i configured the static IP address for the Ilo, and when I tried to login...
I entered the default Id and password, that comes on the card... but for some reason it is not accepting the password.

it keeps giving me :

============================================
iLO has detected a failed login attempt.
Cause: Unauthorized.

Please wait for login prompt.

=============================================

I am 100% sure I am writing the exact ID and password that came with it.. it was never used before...so i know the Id and password wasn't changed...

what do i do ?? how can i reset the passwords? without rebooting the server, or going to the ILO settings page when the machine starts??

---thanks....

Newbie..
12 REPLIES 12
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: Can't login to Ilo

You can use HPONCFG without rebooting the server (assuming the iLO driver is loaded in the OS).
n_20
Frequent Advisor

Hello David,
thanks for your reply,

The ilo Drivers are loaded, I verified that.

but i am not sure how to access or where to find the utility you mentioned?

N.
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Here is the location where you would find HP Online configuration (HPONCFG) Utility -

* Go to http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/index.html[Admin:The above link is no longer valid]
* Select the required operating system to locate software.
* Find HPONCFG component under "Software - Lights-Out Management" heading.

Follow the instructions in the web page to install the utility.

You will find information on usage of HPONCFG in iLO Scripting and Command Line resource Guide.
iLO Scripting Guide Location:
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00045659en_us&docLocale=en_US

n_20
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

I have installed package,
But i am not quiet sure what to do now!??

where can i go to access that package, and use it !?? in order to reset the password?

and what I installed was it a software? a plugin? a new component for something??

barnett chan
Trusted Contributor

Copy this xml file to your directory. Change the password to the one you need. Run the following:
./hponcfg -f Change_Password.xml
Mike baker_10

Hello. I am having this same issue. But when I try to use the steps here, I am given an error indicating the admin password is incorrect. I know it's right, but the utility isn't taking the information from the XML file.
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor

It will not be an issue with the username and password that you have specified in the XML.
Please let us know the exact error message you are getting.

Have you logged in as a root or Administrator into your operating system environment? The utility works only when it is run with Administrator privileges.
Mike baker_10

I am logging in via Remote Desktop using an Admin-level account. When I run this string:

hponcfg /f Change_Password.xml

I get this error:

Firmware Revision = 1.64 Device type = iLO Driver name = CpqCiDrv
Status = 0xA
Message = User login name was not found
Script failed
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor

Please check if you are entering the correct user login of the user for which password need to be changed. Note that this XML requires us to specify "user login" and not the "user name".

You can use the sample scripts named "Get_all_User_info.xml" to get the details (including login name) of all the local users of iLO. If the user is in the list given out be the above command, then you should be able change the password.