1753731 Members
4399 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Cross domain authentication

Maszyna
Visitor

Cross domain authentication

I'm having diffciulties with cross-domain authentication on the iLO2 firmware 2.07. Setup:

Directory Default Schema - yes

Directory Server address-PDC in domain a; PDC in domain B

Directory Server LDAP Port:636

Directory user context 1 - CN=Users,DC=domainA,DC=xyz,DC=com

Directory user context 2 - CN=Users,DC=domainB,DC=xyz,DC=com

Security group Distinguished name: CN=DomainA_Admin,CN=Users,DC=domainA,DC=xyz,DC=com

domainA\DomainA_Admin group is a universal security, which contains group domainB\DomainB_Admin as a member.

domainB\DomainB_Admin group is also universal security.

Both of them contains admins from separate domains. While this works with Windows Servers login but can't work with iLO authentication. Only users from domainA\DomainA_Admin are able to login.

I've read about issues with iLO3 in c00190541 - Configuring HP Integrated Lights-Out 3 with Microsoft Active Directory.

The following situations may cause user access problems across multiple domains:

• If you configure iLO to use the directory server from one domain, users from other domains cannot log in unless the server is running Active Directory Server 2008 and groups have a configured SID.
• If you configure iLO to use the directory server from one domain, groups from other domains will not assign rights unless the user is a direct member of those groups and groups have a configured SID.
• If you configure iLO to use the global catalog, groups that are not replicated to the catalog will not assign rights.

I can't install Win2008 PDC, as this is too large environment.

Any ideas, how can this be solved?