Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ilo and java versions

wobbe
Respected Contributor

Ilo and java versions

I just notice that for an old G4 server I needed java version 1.4.2_13. So I installed this but unfortunately and not surprisingly this didn't fix my problem.
I already had a recent java version installed)

It's always the same with different web application requiring different java versions. for me it's a recurring problem and I'm wondering if someone has a good solution to combine old and new java runtime versions in a way that it works for all web applications.
I don't want to remove all java versions and reinstall the one needed, I've done that too many times.

(Java sucks and I hope Oracle pulls the plug because it's my number one IT frustration)
2 REPLIES
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

Re: Ilo and java versions

I allways use the latest Java.

But cached data, can caurse strange behaviour.
Both the Browser and Java.

BR
/jag
Deepurple
Occasional Visitor

Re: Ilo and java versions

Agreed this is driving me up the wall I keep getting "java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect " for G6 and G7's, despite having the latest Java. All it takes is an ilo firmware update (which is always recommended by HP) and you're stuffed. Then it's a case of clearing out your cache trying again and if you have legacy kit it's a back and forth nightmare. Not happy!