1752797 Members
5818 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Microserver gen8, ILO4 Advanced: Power Meter unavailable

solfolango
Occasional Contributor

Microserver gen8, ILO4 Advanced: Power Meter unavailable

First: Sorry that this is a cross-post. I am getting my ways in these forums and did not think of ILO being located under PC Software. The original post is found at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Microserver-gen8-ILO4-Advanced-Power-Meter-unavailable/td-p/6227551#.UlGzl1Cj-s9

---------------------------------

Hello all,

when selecting ILO -> Power Management -> Power Meter, all I see is "The Power Manager is unavailable for this configuration." 

I was wondering that the reading of the power consumption is unavailable on this system. Is this a configuration error on my behalf, can I enable this graph on my system somehow? 

I ordered the advanced license of ILO4, and everything else seems to be working just fine.

Thanks in advance, 

Sebastian Will

3 REPLIES 3
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Re: Microserver gen8, ILO4 Advanced: Power Meter unavailable

In order to have Power Meter, the server requires a Power Management Controller (PMC). I believe Microservers don't come with it.

Check for the "Power Management Controller Firmware Version" under  "System Information->Power"   or  "System Information->Firmware".   If you see "N/A", it means the server doesn't come with the PMC.

Is there any way or possibility to add a card or module to enable the power meter function on MicroServer Gen8?
Oscar A. Perez
Honored Contributor

Nop, that feature requires a special microcontroller on the system board and a special power supply.