Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLo Firmware Disappeared, No ilo configuration prompt

Joaquin Hernandez
Occasional Visitor

iLo Firmware Disappeared, No ilo configuration prompt

I have a number of DL360G4 servers in which the ilo firmware appears to have disappeared. I don't get the F8 prompt during post.

I've tried using the latest and oldest Firmware Maintenance CD but the option to install/update the ilo firmware is unavailable.

I'm unable to upgrade it and adding version 1.50, 1.51, and 1.60 as a supplement doesn't fix this problem. It successfully adds these updates and refreshes the available updates but the ILO ROM FIRMWARE option to update continues to be the same. It states a device driver is needed and doesn't allow me to check it and be able to update it.

Has anyone had this problem? It's beating me up and I'm hoping I don't need a new motherboard.

1 REPLY
acartes
Honored Contributor

Re: iLo Firmware Disappeared, No ilo configuration prompt

Sounds like your iLO flash may be corrupted.

You should be able to recover iLO using the security override switch and
- booting the Firmware Update CD.
- Alternatively, the Linux firmware update component can be booted on a USB key for recovering iLO.