Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Server Management - Remote Server Management
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ilo user and password unknown

Jakub Juszczyk
Occasional Visitor

ilo user and password unknown

Hi,

I've got a problem with ilo card in one of my servers. I don't know ilo password and username. I tried to reset password using cpqlocfg xml scripts but I got message that username (Administrator) is unknown. Is there any chance to add user without credentials? Strangely, when I press F8 after boot I got a password prompt as well. How can I reset ilo to its defaults?

thanks
kuba
3 REPLIES
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor

Re: ilo user and password unknown

If there is a Windows or Linux OS running on the server, use the HP online configuration utility to run RIBCL/XML scripts from within the host OS.

The utility and XML sample scripts are available in the HP website.
More information on RIBCL scripts and the utility are available in the iLO command-line and scripting guide.

If that is not possible, then
a) Switch on the iLO security override switch (hardware switch on the PCB). This would disable the iLO security.
b) You would be able to use RBSU or cpqlocfg to change the password
c) Switch off the iLO security override switch. This would enable the iLO security.
Jakub Juszczyk
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Thanks.
1. I was trying XML scripts before. Unsuccessfully.

2. This is primary AD server in corporation so I try to avoid switching it off. Can I switch the security off without putting the power down? (and I know how stupid it sounds... :-) )

cheers,
Kuba
Jakub Juszczyk
Occasional Visitor

Hi,
I gave up. Switched the server down and disabled security on motherboard. 10 mins downtime. :-(

thanks
kuba