1753511 Members
5125 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ilo user and password unknown

Jakub Juszczyk

ilo user and password unknown

Hi,

I've got a problem with ilo card in one of my servers. I don't know ilo password and username. I tried to reset password using cpqlocfg xml scripts but I got message that username (Administrator) is unknown. Is there any chance to add user without credentials? Strangely, when I press F8 after boot I got a password prompt as well. How can I reset ilo to its defaults?

thanks
kuba
3 REPLIES 3
Rajeshwari, Hiresave
Trusted Contributor

If there is a Windows or Linux OS running on the server, use the HP online configuration utility to run RIBCL/XML scripts from within the host OS.

The utility and XML sample scripts are available in the HP website.
More information on RIBCL scripts and the utility are available in the iLO command-line and scripting guide.

If that is not possible, then
a) Switch on the iLO security override switch (hardware switch on the PCB). This would disable the iLO security.
b) You would be able to use RBSU or cpqlocfg to change the password
c) Switch off the iLO security override switch. This would enable the iLO security.
Jakub Juszczyk

Hi,

Thanks.
1. I was trying XML scripts before. Unsuccessfully.

2. This is primary AD server in corporation so I try to avoid switching it off. Can I switch the security off without putting the power down? (and I know how stupid it sounds... :-) )

cheers,
Kuba
Jakub Juszczyk

Hi,
I gave up. Switched the server down and disabled security on motherboard. 10 mins downtime. :-(

thanks
kuba