1755977 Members
5311 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

4.2 to 5.0 Upgrade Issue

Jeff Lecko
Occasional Advisor

4.2 to 5.0 Upgrade Issue

After upgrading SIM The initial login screen is missing its graphics. When I do login, the First Time Wizard screen is generated, but it generates this error:

message /mxportal/settings/MxNotAuthorized.jsp

description The requested resource (/mxportal/settings/MxNotAuthorized.jsp) is not available.

I have tried various logins, including logging in with the local administrator account with no success.
5 REPLIES 5
Hoang Pham

Re: 4.2 to 5.0 Upgrade Issue

I have the SAME EXACT problem. Now I'm getting hundreds of e-mails from SIM saying it cannot collect data from the systems.
Jens Farley

What OS is SIM running on? If Windows, this sounds a lot like a problem caused by McAfee VirusScan software running on the server. This URL covers the details, but it's in the context of the lower-level error that's occurring:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=498650&tstart=1

Specifically:

"""The machine was running Virus checking software, an Enterprise solution from Network Associates. This has all sorts of clever stuff in it including "on access" scanning. This got switched OFF one day to test whether it was affected IO performance. In this mode you get the "access denied" error. Turn it back ON and the problem goes away. Strange but true."""

You have to read that carefully, because it sounds backwards. Also, rebooting is necessary after making the setting change.
Hoang Pham

I'm running Windows 2003 SP1. No anti-virus.

The initial login screen is messed up. 2 graphics are X'd out. Then after login, I see the first time setup wizard window pop up, then the text changes and says:

HTTP Status 404 - /mxportal/settings/MxNotAuthorized.jsp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message /mxportal/settings/MxNotAuthorized.jsp

description The requested resource (/mxportal/settings/MxNotAuthorized.jsp) is not available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.0.30

SIM doesn't work now.
Jeff Lecko
Occasional Advisor

I believe that I have found the root cause of my issue. C:\hpsim.log contained this entry:
13. Agent Configuration
- Failed
Details can be found in the log file at C:\Program Files\HP\Systems Insight Manager\logs\initconfig.log
Configuration failed to complete due to the following exception:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.ssh\.hdiinsight.hdi2000.com.dtfSshKey.pub (Access is denied)
[09-02-2005][10:57:14][HP Systems Insight Manager]Error:Database initialization failed

It was an error on my part. I needed to log in as the Administrator account to run the upgrade. My solution was not an elegant one but it worked. I deinstalled HPSIM and reinstalled it. The database had already been updated so I was able to restore the previous database. I also saved any mib files that I had registered and move them into the new mib folder. The application is working fine now. The only incovenience was that I had to open each server agent and remove the old SIM server certificate and then add the new one.
Jeffrey Kimbrell
Frequent Advisor

I've received the same error, I was the Admin. when I installed it and logged in as the Admin and myself with the same results.
Why Don't I Get Recess Anymore?