2417 Online
108843 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Database errors after on new install of 6.3

Roger Glass2
Occasional Contributor

Database errors after on new install of 6.3

Hi All,

I'm trying to troubleshoot authentication problems with HPSIM 6.3 connecting to SQL 2008 Express. They were both just installed on a new 2008 R2 VM, there were no errors on installation. However after restarting the server I'm getting Application Event log error 3:

com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error loading database verification handler 'com.hp.mx.database.MsSqlVerificationHandler'
com.hp.mx.database.DbVerificationException: Error accessing database

I've search the web and found numerous postings regarding this error and using the mxpassword command to reset passwords or modifying the database.props file to change the username, however they always refer to a change in username or password not a new install. In my case however, nothing has changed, the install was just done. I can see from the SQL management studio that the SIM database was created during installation, which tells me the authentication worked during install, but the same user/pw combination isn't working after the install. I've blown away the VM and redid my installation and I'm getting the same result. I don't know what to try next or how to troubleshoot further, any suggestions?

Thanks for the help,

-greg
3 REPLIES 3
Jennifer_74
Frequent Advisor

Re: Database errors after on new install of 6.3

Did you run checksum your downloaded software? You might have a corrupted download.
Roger Glass2
Occasional Contributor

Jennifer,

Thank you for the response. I've checked the MD5 checksum and it matches. Unfortunately that is not the problem.

Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

I would work backwards from the database layer.
Check that the database is there and online.
Also check using a simple ODBC connection that you can access the insight manager database using the credentials you believe should work.

Is the database on the same server as hpsim?