1757326 Members
3056 Online
108860 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Sim 5.3 SP3 > 6.2 Post Upgrade issues with plugins

Jac Schroeten II

HP Sim 5.3 SP3 > 6.2 Post Upgrade issues with plugins

Hi,

I've upgraded our HP Sim 5.3 SP3 to latest 6.2 version. During upgrade we had a notification informing us we had to individually upgrade our plugins once upgrade is finished.

Now checking for the upgrade it looks like with version 6.2 it's included, as I don't find latests releases on HP. Somehow install DVD does not detect or upgrade them and I still see them listed in Help-about with old version:

HP Insight Power Management 2.0
HP Insight Software 3.10
HP Performance Managemen Pack 5.2.2.
HP Virtual Machine Management Pack 3.7.2
Insigh Software Advisor 3.10

How can I get the above correctly upgraded or fixed?

Next to this, which probably is related, is that I get numerous of major events within HP Sim about PMPstatus being unknown. How to fix this?

Thanks for any help suggested....

3 REPLIES 3
jmquesadarivel
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP Sim 5.3 SP3 > 6.2 Post Upgrade issues with plugins

Having same issue, did u found the fix?

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Don't know what happened because in my case the upgrade worked fine (a long time ago already, SIM 6.3 is already a lng time released...).

However, when you launch the ICE DVD media on your server you have the typical install procedure, but on the top of the screen you have multiple tabs... Can't try it currently (don't have a SIM server near me) but I know it is the 2nd tab that shows all components of Insight Control and there you can install them all seperately...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
jmquesadarivel
Frequent Advisor

will check, thanks.

JQ