Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1757025 Members
1934 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

How to access WBEM/WMI data from 400+ managed systems?

Daniel.M
Advisor

How to access WBEM/WMI data from 400+ managed systems?

Hello, I am deploying HP SIM to an environment with 400+ ProLiant servers.

I want to utilize SIM to collect the hardware, software, firmware and drivers information from all servers, and then use Version Control Repository Manager to generate a report to compare the current version with the latest one from hp.com. I know that this solution should be worked in SIM 5.3.1 with a proper configuration, correct?

Ok, if it's correct, I also knew that I can choose between SNMP and WBEM to collect inventory data from managed systems. SNMP uses "Insight Management Agents" and WBEM uses "Insight Management WBEM Providers". From a certain HP website (or document), it said that only the later one can collect firmware and drivers version from managed system, so I have to go for the WBEM solution.

Now, here is the question. I don't have privilege to use the domain admin account in SIM. So I refer to HPSIM_5.3sp1_Installation_and_Configuration_guide_for_win.pdf and "Understanding HP SIM 5.3 security" document from hp.com. They both said that I have to create a nonadministrative account for HP SIM to access WMI data, by doing some configurations in the Computer Management Tool>WMI Control>Properties...It seems that I have to create this user in EVERY managed systems one-by-one, which is definitely a nightmare for me as there are 400+ ProLiant in my environment.

Is there any way to create a single domain account from DC and then I can use this account to access WMI data from all managed systems which joined domain?

Thanks a lot!!