Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1752576 Members
4447 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to not reveive a specific event on a specific server ... ?

Guillaule
Frequent Advisor

How to not reveive a specific event on a specific server ... ?

Hi

i receive mail for event on specific servers thant i don't want to receive since it's a false error

(SNMP) POST Errors Occurred (6027): Alert HP SIM

It refer on IML to  1785-Drive Array Not Configured. error > On Array Configuration Utilty, one smart Array show a warning message  :There are no configurable physical drives attached to the current array controller. Normal it's a tape Device ....

I can filter all event on a server, all server for a event ... but not both   :)

Thanks

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello there,

The problems are as you mentioned you can create a filter for either a server or event not both.

Is the datasource on the server that traps the event WBEM? You could try to set it to SNMP and see if you see the IML log entry and if you do try to clear it. I've seen that sometimes the WBEM does not show IML events and SNMP does...

Kind regards,

Andrew
LGentile
Trusted Contributor

Click on that event so you can see what MIB file it is (last field under "Trap Details"

Go to Options - Events - SNMP Trap Settings

Select the MIB you need

Find the event you want to change...

You can one of two things here

- disable it (set the Enable Trap Handling value to No)

- Change the severity to something besides Warning (informational, etc)

I usually don't disable trap handling unless it is complete junk (authentication traps, etc)

This is possible only for SNMP traps..

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

Hello again,

This way you change events for all servers/objects, not for one server or object. If you deside to use this option remember to set these changes every time you update SIM because the mibs will get overwritten. If you use forwarding to an other system you can create collections to split the events and forward different events for different sets of servers or objects. That's the only way i can think of this could work. The forwarder could go to an other SIM server or monitoring system.

Kind regards,

Andrew