cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IM 5.1 Database management

WW90549
Occasional Visitor

IM 5.1 Database management

I need to know how the databse clean itself the event coming from nodes ? More specifically, does somebody know how IM database clean itself event ? Does it after a period of time ? After a maximum number of event, or per serrver ? or anything else ?

Is it configurable ?

Thanks for your help

2 REPLIES
fred Passeron
Honored Contributor

Re: IM 5.1 Database management

Hi

By default the HP SIM database keeps everything. However, one can delete events manually in the web interface and one can create tasks to perform event deletion.

The HP SIM techmical reference guide provides infos on the matter:The doc can be found here :
http://h10018.www1.hp.com/wwsolutions/misc/hpsim-helpfiles/hpsim-trg-52.pdf

Page 553 of 760:Deletion of events
Page 566 of 760:Creating a task to delete all cleared events
Page 567 of 760:Creating a task to delete events older than 30 days.

To sum up, you can configure HP SIM to delete events after a certain period of time.

db maintenance : to keep a good performance of your HP SIM server.
*Export (via reports) events and delete periodically
*Delete â noisyâ events daily or weekly â Link up/down; Device Unavailable/Available; Authentication events

Hope it helps

Fred
“Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.” Isaac Asimov
Brandon Long
Advisor

Re: IM 5.1 Database management

My Sim installation had a default task to automatically delete after 90 days. I found that once I passed about 100 servers being monitored (with about 40% ilo) configured I needed to turn this on. Of course we are still using msde SQL 2000 with sim 5.1 ..
Brandon