1754054 Members
3648 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Installation of SIM 5.1 on new everything fails

Mazda
Regular Advisor

Installation of SIM 5.1 on new everything fails

HP server with 2003 SP2. One large C: drive for simplicity. Download current SIM 5.01.002 which is actually 5.1. Log in as the account that will run the SIM services (SIMAcc). Extract and run installation...select Custom and uncheck SSH as I run a Windows exvironment. Go through the install of MSDE, WMI Mapper, SIM and PMP. When installing the Virtual Management pack is asks for password credentials as the username and domain are already there and cannot be changed. Type in the password and it states that the password is incorrect. Same password I have used to log in to the server and to perform the install. So I have to cancel as I cannot select another user account.

Reboot the server and the account used to perform the installation has been locked. This happens time and time again and I can reproduce the error.

I have used two different accounts with variying password lengths and both produce the same result....

thoughts?
1 REPLY 1
Mazda
Regular Advisor

Re: Installation of SIM 5.1 on new everything fails

I have not tried on another server and can reproduce on that as well.

Remember that I am simply walking through the installation. Surely someone else has run in to this as I am not performing anything special....it's just next, next, next,,,,,