Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1753301 Members
7195 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Is there a total CPU option for WEBM?

Jerame
Frequent Advisor

Is there a total CPU option for WEBM?

I'd like to transition from SNMP to WEBM. I used to set CPU thresholds for the Total CPU, so I only got alerted if I was actually pegging out the whole CPU, as opposed to a single core.

I'm not seeing that option in WEBM, and I seem to get a lot of high CPU utilization alerts, although I believe they are just brief spikes of a single core.

Does anyone know if there is a way to set the WEBM alerts the same as SNMP? Also, do others seem to get a lot of CPU alerts from WEBM? I set my warning at 90% and Critical to 95%.....

Thanks in advance,

Jerame

3 REPLIES 3
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

Should be able to from the SMH, Tasks -->System--> Server Configuration --> Thresholds

You can set individual or global processor thresholds

Jerame
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jim,

When I set the Current Global Process Threshholds, that sets the value for each CPU in the system (i.e. a consistent value, instead of setting different values per cpu).

So instead of only getting notified when my system really is pegged out, I get a lot of nuisance alerts.

On the SNMP, all my CPU's show individual values of 0 , and then I have my Total defined for 90 and 95 %.

Jerame

jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

I can see where that would be problematic - sounds like an enhancement request. I haven't had a chance to dig into more as of yet to see if I can find a workaround, but I'll definitely pass it on.