1756625 Members
2712 Online
108849 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Linux and VCA/VCRM support for firmware updates

Mark Wolf_2
Advisor

Linux and VCA/VCRM support for firmware updates

I posed this question last November. I am posing the question again because Michael Garner replied that mid 2007 might see this supported (see attacted for complete thread)

Can some one from HP give me an update on this subject?

"Most of the servers that I am monitoring are Linux (SuSE) servers. I have two windows servers in the mix. When you look at the VCA information in a windows server it shows you the latest Online ROM Flash files. When you down load the windows online ROM Flash files all you have to do is drop them into the repository. They show up on the host vca as a newer update. Of course this file is a *.exe file which is native to windows.

How do I get the *.shexe files for Linux to show up in the repository. I have a feeling I missed something."

Thank you for your help in advance....

6 REPLIES 6
tintin31
Advisor

Re: Linux and VCA/VCRM support for firmware updates

Hi Mark,

You need to configure at least one Linux Server according to the repository and if you have correctly configured the automatic package download, you should see appears all Linux "support packs" in the repository.

I hope this help.

Jean-Yves
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Mark, unfortunately at this time the Linux VCA cannot distribute firmware updates.
Mark Wolf_2
Advisor

Thank you for your responses. How Ever I already know it doesn't support Linux yet. I already know how to get the PSP configured.

My question was when!

I was told that (in this forum) that this capability was being worked on and might be available mid-year next year i.e. as in the current time frame.

Is this still on the table for implementation? If so when?

Mark
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Future capabilities are not discussed in advance of announcement on these forums.
Mark Wolf_2
Advisor

Two things I mis-spoke...Michael Garner
HP PSP/Firmware Development Lead from HP said that this capibility would not be available in 2007.

However Tristan Zondag (unsure of relationship to HP) said the hope was that it would be available the middle of next year (now)

The statement that this is not discuss in this forum is not entirely true.

See attached txt for statement made in this forum......

Mark
Mark Wolf_2
Advisor

no comment