1754284 Members
3169 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Loading agents for managed systems

David Glaesser
Occasional Advisor

Loading agents for managed systems

I have loaded Systems Insight Manager (Ver 4.2) and have been trying to load agents on my managed systems. The SIM 4.2 Installation and user manual has been no help. I have discovered my test system via it's iLO port and regular system nic but have been unable to deploy the agents to either. When I go to deploy/Deploy Drivers, Firmaware and Agents/ initial proliant support pack install.....I then select one of my discovered devices and login, The window then tells me "There are no Support Packs in this catalog." It does not give me any options to install any. Does anyone have a decent manual that might help?
5 REPLIES 5
COOPERCAV
Frequent Advisor

Re: Loading agents for managed systems

Have you installed the version control repository manager as part of the SIM installation? If not this needs installing (can be a seperate server or the same as SIM) and then you can either upload a PSP you have locally or download manually or automatically from HP. The later will also download drivers, agents and firmware release subsequent to the last PSP.
In the end...
David Glaesser
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your response, yes I did load the vcrm with the SIM. I'm just picking up this product, what are you referring to by PSP?
COOPERCAV
Frequent Advisor

Then you'll have months of fun ahead on a voyage of discovery through many a tempest storm :-)
PSP is the Proliant Support Pack, a collection of firmware, agents and drivers released periodically. The latest is 7.40B and you can download this from HP manually and upload, but if you configure the VCRM to connect to HP.com it will do this for you plus drivers.
In the end...
Rich Purvis
Honored Contributor

Just a suggestion, you can default install that PSP but you may find that some of the agent settings are not setup the way you would like. You can preconfigure some of the component packages within the PSP with some of these settings before you deploy them. It can be done either through the VCRM or the Remote Deployment Utility.

-Rich
Why does my tivo keep recording Nickelodeon?
David Glaesser
Occasional Advisor

Guys, I will have to revisit this when I put out some fires here today. Thanks so much for your help thus far, and I know I will have a few more questions when I get a chance to get back to this. One quick question..... I went to the submit points block, but found nowhere to enter a numerical value for them. Do you know where that dialog box can be found?

Thanks

Dave G.