1756682 Members
2992 Online
108852 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Major event if ILO NIC is not connected

Hille

Major event if ILO NIC is not connected

Hallo,
we have a little problem here, we are testing at the moment SIM.
All managed Servers have the ILO Port not connected. For this Reason SIM gives a major Level Fault for most of the servers. The strange thing is that it does it only for most of the servers and not for all. At this moment we are not able to degrade or clear the error Message, so that nearly all servers are in fault status.
Is there an opportunity to change a setting that a not connected ILO Port is no longer an Error ???
Thanks a lot

Carsten
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

Well remove the failure you got to remove the componant, that only way i know,and to do that you have to go in HP MANAGEMENT AGENT on you server and the tab SERVICES ,you have 2 section and the left you should have ACTIVE AGENT ; in this section there should be REMOTE INSIGHT INFORMATION,remove that to the other side on the right side to INACTIVE AGENT with the button REMOVE and then the button OK, this should restart the agent and the information on ILO and alert should disappear.

DONT FORGET TO GIVE OUT TH POINTS!!
Agnem
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem. We are converting some servers from fiber to copper, and I have interfaces that are complaining about not having a link. I need a way to ignore that status for a while. I don't see the tab refered to by the poster who offered a solution of changing something in the agent.
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

In windows, go to Control Panel and run up the HP Management Agents GUI.
The left hand Tab is Services, there should be a pane of "Active" Sub-Agents on the left.
Move the required Sub-Agent to the Inactive panel on the right.
There's a Fibre Array Agent that might do what you need.
You could also Disable the device from Windows if it wasn't being used, that will also work, I disable the second NIC in a number of servers for this reason.