Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1754283 Members
3241 Online
108813 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NOTIFICATION TASKS Critical Devices End - missing in HP Systems Insight Manager ???

Ch. Schwartz

NOTIFICATION TASKS Critical Devices End - missing in HP Systems Insight Manager ???

Hello,
I've installed the new HP Systems Insight Manager 5 and it works really fine.
But there is something that I am Missing or can't find.
In the old Compaq Insight Manager 7.0 there was the availability to create a notification task, when a critical device ends.

So my question. How can I configure the HP Systems Insight Manager 5 to send me a mail when critical devices end?
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Re: NOTIFICATION TASKS Critical Devices End - missing in HP Systems Insight Manager ???

Sorry, what do you mean when a critical device ends?
When a device that was critical has come back?

I believe an Informational message is generated and there's a configuration switch in HPSIM where the System Unreachable Event is cleared when it becomes reachable again.

You can see all of the events associated with a Server by clicking on the Server name (from HPSIM) and then click on the events tab.

Not all critical events have a I'm okay now associated with them.
Ch. Schwartz

Re: NOTIFICATION TASKS Critical Devices End - missing in HP Systems Insight Manager ???

Hello Rob,

thanks for your reply.
Your are right. I mean , when a device that was critical has come back.

I become a mail form an event handler (options -> events -> automatic event handling -> tasks) when a severity is critical. For example: System is unreachable

In the Compaq Inside Manger 7 I was able to setup a task, that notifies me when a critical device comes up again (see picture).

Where can i do this in the HP System Insight Manager