Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1754225 Members
3657 Online
108812 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SIM was unable to copy the HP Repair Tool executable to the target system

Rostislav

SIM was unable to copy the HP Repair Tool executable to the target system

Failed to migrate from HP SIM 4.2 to SIM 5.0. Thus after reinstalling SIM the server sertificate changed and I need to update ceritificate on all servers. After installing SSH and trying to Repair agent settings, I've got the following error:

"HP Systems Insight Manager was unable to copy the HP Repair Tool executable over to the target system. Verify that target system has sufficient disk space."

I'm sure that the space is enough and that credentials, i specified during wizard have administrative rights on target machine.
But i can't find any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it.
4 REPLIES 4
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

Re: SIM was unable to copy the HP Repair Tool executable to the target system

Check that the SIM service account has administrative privileges on the remote servers. It it does not you will see this error.
Rostislav

i've already wrote, that user i use has administrative rights on target machine.
Or SIM cannot use domain accounts?
Joel Rubenstein
Honored Contributor

Even though you specified valid login credentials for the target system with administrative rights when creating the task for some reason the task will still not run correctly unless the HP SIM service login account also has administrative rights on the target system. Yes the HP SIM service can run as a domain user. However if you change the HP SIM service login and begin to experience database connection errors you may also need to change the database user password using the command

mxpassword -m -x MxDBUserPassword="newpassword"
Jun Wu
Frequent Advisor

Same problem here, but I have 100 more servers, only one server has the problem. I checked the SIM service is logon as localadministrator.

How to fix it?

Thanks

Jun