1755759 Members
2919 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VCA Security Trust Issue

SCC-Colin
Advisor

VCA Security Trust Issue

I have recently upgraded SIM from SP4 to SP5. I have noticed that there is a VCA security trust issue with the CMS. How can it have a trust issue with itself?
7 REPLIES 7
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

HI,

In System Management Homepage, under Settings tab, click on Security->Trusted Management Servers. In Add Certificate from Server field type in name/IP of the server and it should be fine.

Albert
SCC-Colin
Advisor

I had already checked this, and the appropiate certificate is already there. Any other ideas please?
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

If you have done that, then the next step would be to do a software status poll. From OPTIONS->STATUS POLLING.

Can you directly access SMH of host from SIM console?

Albert
SCC-Colin
Advisor

Hi,
I have tried the software status polling and this doesn't resolve it. I can access the SMH from the SIM console OK. When in the SMH I have gone into the VCA and tried to amend the agent settings. If I put in the VCRM server name or FQDN it says it is invalid or not reachable, but if I put in localhost or the localhost IP address (127.0.0.1) it works fine. But it still doesn't update in the SIM console. Its doing my head in. How can the CMS not trust itself?
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor

"but if I put in localhost or the localhost IP address (127.0.0.1) it works fine."

Instead of this IP have you tied with the IP that SIM is installed with?

VCRM is a optional SIM plugin and can be installed on any machine independently not necessarily on the SIM server itself and also you could have more than one in your environment and thats why a trust between any VCA and VCRM is required.

Albert
SCC-Colin
Advisor

If I try the IP address of the CMS it says its invalid or not reachable. The VCRM and SIM are installed on the same server, and this is the server that is reporting the security trust issue. All other servers are working OK.
Albert Austin
Esteemed Contributor