108959 Solutions
New Discussion

CPU Upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul16
Visitor

CPU Upgrade

I purchased ProLiant DL20 Gen10 Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2224 CPU @ 3.40GHz server with one CPU, 4 core. Can I upgrade this server to a higher CPU of either 8 or 16 core ? Or does this server have a second socket to add a second processor ? If possible give me a link for possible alternatives of upgrading the processor of this server

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
ManBha
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: CPU Upgrade

Hello,

Please find below the supported processors on the server[  please refer page 4]. The server supports only 1 processor. 

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=a00053820enw

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Baehr_9123
Occasional Visitor

Yes, you can simply change the CPU. Files are not stored within the CPU, it is a processor of information. ... There might be some incompatibility between the motherboard and the new processor, or the restart might be caused by overheating of the processor. Check the TDP of your new processor and that of the heat sink.

Paul16
Visitor

I thought I could replace that 1 cpu with 16 core cpu, because the one installed is 4 core cpu

ManBha
HPE Pro

Hello Paul,

16 core CPU is not supported on this server.

You can opt for maximum 8 core processor.

Thanks.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo