Servers - General
1748282 Members
3954 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to reset the ilo5 factory generated password using API ? or ilorest Tool from remote machine?

matthes847569
Occasional Visitor

How to reset the ilo5 factory generated password using API ? or ilorest Tool from remote machine?

I have multiple HPE gen10 Server which has ILO5 license. Now I want to manage the server from remote system using API or HP ilorest Tool, but to authenticate it require password of user administrator & it comes as tag on the server and its very tedious task to note down the password & reset if you have 100 to 200 servers.

Does anyone know how I can reset the password without having old one? from remote system.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: How to reset the ilo5 factory generated password using API ? or ilorest Tool from remote machine

For security reasons you need to have physical access, so you can reset during POST in configuration menu.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Sheppard34
Occasional Visitor

Re: How to reset the ilo5 factory generated password using API ? or ilorest Tool from remote machine

From the System Utilities screen, click System Configuration, and then click iLO 5 Configuration utility. Select Yes in the Reset iLO menu. The iLO 5 configuration utility prompts user to confirm the reset. Click OK.

AmRa
HPE Pro

Please refer below blog which proposes a simple, quick and modern method to modify the factory randomly generated Administrator iLO password without knowing it.

How to change the factory generated iLO Administrator password
https://developer.hpe.com/blog/how-to-change-the-factory-generated-ilo-administrator-password/

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo