Servers - General
1752272 Members
5032 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Upgrading Server to Win 10 OS - No Network?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steve17
Occasional Collector

Upgrading Server to Win 10 OS - No Network?

Hi. Been using a ProLiant MicroServer (PID: 704941-421) with WHS2011 for some time, but not connecting to PC's using Win 10 OS anymore. The Server updates to Win 7 Pro 64 bit with no problems. Updating to Win 10 Pro 64 bit and loses connectivity with the ethernet network. Suspect it needs a Win 10 driver for the HP Broadcom 1GB ethernet adaptor. Any suggestions please?  

7 REPLIES 7
Anu_K
HPE Pro

Hello,

As per the quickspecs of the server(https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getdocument.aspx?docname=c04111079&#) looks like this server has Embedded NC107i PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Server Adapter(Broadcom Adapter).

You can download the drivers using this link based on the operating system installed on the server: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/km/product/3811486/Product#t=DriversandSoftware&sort=relevancy&layout=table&numberOfResults=25&f:@kmswtargetbaseenvironment=[Microsoft]&f:@kmswsoftwaretypekey=[swt8000113]

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Steve17
Occasional Collector

Many thanks for the information.

Updated the driver to cp023987 March 2015.

Still not connecting to the ethernet, so I suspect that the driver is not compatible with Windows 10.

Guess it is unlikely that any more driver updates will be issued.

Be a pity to scrap the Server because of this.

Steve

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi Steve17,

Good day!

Please try the different Driver versions to check if that works.

If none works may be try re-installing the OS and check if that helps.

If nothing works, may the Adapter itself might be faulty and may needs replacement.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Steve17
Occasional Collector

Hi RamKS

Thanks for your response. I used the latest driver March 2015. Have reinstalled Win 10 several times with the same result.  The Adapter works ok with Win 7. Surely someone else must have upgraded this MicroServer to Win 10.

Regards Steve

ksram
HPE Pro

Hi Steve17,

Thank you for replying.

In this Case I suggest you to use any Operating such as Windows 2008 / 2012 to avoid supporting issues.

Thank you

RamKS

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Steve17
Occasional Collector
Solution

Tried various NIC drivers without success.

Solution is to buy a low profile PCIe network card and install it in the x1 slot. Disable the embedded NIC in the BIOS.

Now have internet connection again.

nebi
Occasional Visitor

hi, you need a bios update "System ROMPaq Firmware Upgrade 2013.10.01 (A) (15 NOV 2013) for HP ProLiant MicroServer"

google for SP64420.exe

it is not available for free on hpe.com, but the first google result worked for me