108860 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with MC/ServiceGuard!!!

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dora Marinova
Occasional Advisor

Problem with MC/ServiceGuard!!!

Now I have a cluster whith one node /in the future they will be 2/.I change the node name - /etc/rc.config.d/netconf and reboot the machine HP9000 L2000 HP-UX11.00 . I tried to create new configuration cluster file whith command "cmquerycl -C cmclconf.ascii -n new_node_name", but in the file cmclconf.ascii will appear the old name of the node.When I change node name in this file with new name, then "cmcheckconf" is not find new node. When I don't change node name in cmclconf.ascii , then "cmcheckconf" and "cmapplyconf" finished whith no error, but "cmruncl" failed.
What I must do?
8 REPLIES 8
Sandor Horvath_2
Valued Contributor

Re: Problem with MC/ServiceGuard!!!

Hi !

Do You change node name in /etc/hosts all node ? Do that !

regards, Saa
If no problem, don't fixed it.
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor

Hi:

The easiest way to change your hostname is to run: "/etc/set_parms hostname" and reboot.

...JRF...
Dora Marinova
Occasional Advisor

When I changed host name, I changed and /etc/hosts. I use DNS on the other host as first source for Name Service Switch.I want to emphasize that I added only full domain name to existing host name in /etc/rc.config.d/netconf !
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

It i sgfairly obvious thaht your system is not correctly resolving it's own hostname.
use nslookup hostname to get the ip address, and then nslookup ip address to confirm you get the same hostname.

If they do not give you the expected result, your DNS server or hosts file need correcting.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Sandor Horvath_2
Valued Contributor

Hi !

You change your hostname in DNS too ?

Check with nslookup your hostname.

Try modify nsswitch.conf for first look hosts file all node.
After that, try configure again service guard.

regards, Saa
Dora Marinova
Occasional Advisor

My DNS is corectly and "nslookup ip" and all ohters commands return new host name /the difference between old and new -only full domain name is compleated host name/.
Looking for ServiceGuard nodes ...
only returns as node name old name
Sandor Horvath_2
Valued Contributor

Hi !

I'm not sure, but I have some idea :

1, Never use . in hostname
2, Try mv /etc/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf.orig
all node after that reconfigure Service Guard
3, By the way, what do You see when run hostname command before move and after move resolv.conf?

regards, Saa
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor
Solution

I agree with the others - this is a name services issue.

You mentioned that you added the full domain name to the netconf file...
ServiceGuard doesn't like to see the full domain name. Use the simple hostname in netconf, .rhosts, /etc/hosts and the name server. Edit nsswitch.conf to check local "files" (/etc/hosts) first to see if you can change/solve the issue.

good luck.

-stephen