3180 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: EVA5000, SSSU v6, and CONFIG.TXT

Topspinna
Occasional Contributor

EVA5000, SSSU v6, and CONFIG.TXT

Hi,

I have run SSSU v6 scripting utility to output to a config.txt file data on an EVA5000 .Can anyone enlighten me how best to abstract the data in this file into a useful format?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved from  Disk Array to HP Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU). -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA5000, SSSU v6, and CONFIG.TXT

Many years ago I've started to parse to output of SSSU (when the SHOW command existed) and transformed it into an object-model. That was a lot of work and a moving target, because the output from SSSU was changed from time to time.

Then I've switched to SSSU's XML output. It was still some work. I had to transform the data into my object-model's original attributes, because I did not want to rewrite all code (reporters, analyzes, some other API to e.g. move a disk drive) that depended on the original names. Still, it wasn't that bad to add support for additional XML tags.

Some time ago I detected Microsoft's LogParser utility. Here is a thread where I have shown some uses:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?&threadId=1247567

Maybe it is sufficient for your uses, or you can use LogParser to transform SSSU's output to be imported into a 'real' SQL database.

Before anybody asks - no, I can't provide access to my utility.