3376 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

HP StoreEasy 1650 - not able to open HP Smart Storage Administrator

Stephan G
Regular Advisor

HP StoreEasy 1650 - not able to open HP Smart Storage Administrator

Hi,

i recently got a HP StoreEasy with preinstalled Windows Storage Server 2k12R2 and also some HP tools on it. There is a tool on it named: Manage Storage Pools.

It creates logical drives with RAID 10,5,6 and then creates storage pools on it. AFAIK storage spaces are a feature that allows to create big storage without the need of raid controllers. 

But i have one. So why do i create a storage space on my logical drive?!? Then i create a virtual drive on it with simple striping.. well because my raid controller is already in duty.

But this nonsense is not important. I want to create a JBOD system because my storeeasy is for backup purposes. I run Veeam on it and save it to my DAS which i want to be as big as possible. But i don't have the possiblity to run the array config utitlity when booting and when i try to open the HP Smart Storage Administrator it closes right away (windows goes up .. and exits). Also the console programm does not work. There is no error message. Nothing.

Is there a hp tool running that automatically blocks the usage?!? I'm one step away to erase the system and just install a clean Windows Storage Server.

Best regards

Stephan G