2285 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Removing discs Hp Media vault 5000 pro

bluesrumba

Removing discs Hp Media vault 5000 pro

Hello everyone,
I'm sorry for my bad English.
I buyed a HP NAS MV5000PRO and i installed Another disk, identic at the one that is inside. Now I have two drives of 500gb (segate). I tryed to put in raid0 they, and in few minutes the raid is ready.

The problem: How do I remove a disk?
In Control Panel, under the "Disk" tab, I see two disks, But there isn't the "Remove" option near They, when they are in RAID0.

Then i remove the disc manually, by turning off the NAS; then turn on without a disc, and then plug the disk again. Now there is an error in the second disk, and i choose to do an raid1. (I still have not entered any data files)
still have not entered any data files

After about five hours, the raid is ready and now also there the button to remove the discs.
I try to click it, and i remove one disk. BUT: When i put the disk inside again... it begin from the start to prepare an other mirroring... and say: "building in 200 minutes" AGAIN!!!
I attach an screenshot of this.

At the last: qual ├Г┬и il modo giusto per rimuovere un disco in raid 0 (senza perdere i file) ed in raid 1 (senza far cominciare da capo quando lo inserisco di nuovo)???

Thanks at all, i've to study english, guys... '-,-
3 REPLIES 3
bluesrumba

sorry, i said:
"At the last:what is the right way to remove a disk in raid 0 (without losing the file) and RAID 1 (without starting from scratch when I go inside again)???"

thk
hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

Datavault is a low end product. You may get better help in other HP forums than ITRC. People here will be normally familiar with storage products such as EVA.
Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
bluesrumba

@ hari_hv

where can I find a forum for my problem?

thk