3692 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

how to create nfs file share

S_Fox
Occasional Collector

how to create nfs file share

HI guys

how can create Volume NFS in  storeeasy 1460 using  management console to create file share and how to mount it  esxi 6.7

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: how to create nfs file share

Hi S_Fox

Thank you for coming on HPE Community Forums

I would suggest you to follow the step by step procedure on how to create NFS using the below link and refer to Page 181 to 184.

https://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-a00048291en_us-3.pdf

Once the Vdisk is created and Presented to the server using Storeeasy. Then you will have to contact VMWare Support to get it mounted.

Hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh202

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

bob dutton_1
HPE Pro

Follow https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/4AA4-7478ENW at the bottom of page 7 talk about how to create an nfs share if you are not using nfs and smb on the same share be sure to click mapped access and the bottom two check boxes in step 4.  Once the share is created use mount -t nfs IPaddress:/path ./path

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
bob dutton_1
HPE Pro

If you are going to host virtual machines there are size limitations with NFS 3 before you create anything make sure you use nfs 4.1 to make the connection.  Be aware that nfs has performance limitations so using ISCSI and MPIO will provide much better performance.

I'm an HPE employee.
Accept or Kudo