3319 Online
108839 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ESL712e Drive Cluster Losing Comms

Nunney
Occasional Advisor

ESL712e Drive Cluster Losing Comms

All Drives 5,6,7&8(Ultium 460 FC) in Cluster 1
intermittantly lose communication with ESL. So far I have changed the Cluster Controller Card, Interface Card & swapped the purple interconnect cable.The only thing left is the Interface manager card. There are no fault LED's or errors posted to the OCP. CVTL just shows the drives as red. I haven't got access to this so can't confirm. has any one seen a similar issue?
4 REPLIES 4
rich pattison
Trusted Contributor

If the drives/cluster is losing communication to the library itself - then its unlikely to be the IM card. Communication to the library controller (CCB) is via the I2C cable (flat multi-way connector at each cluster location to the CCB box at the bottom of the cab.

you sound like an engineer, or someone with experience of these units - so one way of isolating the problem might be to swap drive cluster 0 with cluster 1 (not an end-user procedure) - if the problem follows the cluster - then its unlikely to be IM/IFC/I2C cables/Mains power - and is more likley to be within the cluster itself.
Nunney
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply, I'll give that a try if all else fails.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Robin, do you mean your backup application is loosing connection to the drive in cluster1 or is the command view only that indicate a communication problem?
collecting a support ticket should is the first step for pinpointing to the problem.
the logs should show what happens.
If you have also error connecting the drive from the SAN, it looks like a power problem
Nunney
Occasional Advisor

Have seen similar on other ESL's now, so seems to be a software/application problem.