108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: TL890 pinout of 9-pin robotics control cable needed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jan Kulbe

TL890 pinout of 9-pin robotics control cable needed

Hi there,

recently I came by a TL891 Mini Library with a TL890 expansion unit. Unfortunately during shipping all cables togehter with the manuals got lost.

I understand that in order to use the expansion unit I have to connect the unit to the library using a 9-pin control cable, which is unfortunately among the missing parts.

If anybody with the knowledge of the pinout would be so kind as to share the information with me I would be most grateful.

Best regards,
Jan
2 REPLIES 2
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor
Solution

Order this cable 124836-001 - Cable, TL8990 Pass-Through Mechanism Motor Cable (RS232) ├в 3├в

regards,
Andrzej Kowalik
Jan Kulbe

Thanks Andzej,

I'll go and order the cable.

I'm not really sure if I need anything else to use both units together. If I just stack both units on top of each other with the library being the bottom unit the expansion unit throws an error 206F (Pass-Thru Init error). I'm fairly sure both units worked fine beore shipping, so maybe there is another part missing that I don't know of. also, I can't really figure out how the tape transportation from one unit to the other is supposed to work. Do you need to mount something at the back of the units for them to work?

Cheers,
Jan