StoreOnce Backup Storage
1756063 Members
5195 Online
108840 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP Storeonce 4500 Backup "The specified network name is no longer available", ALERT ID

Rinat_Astana
Frequent Visitor

HP Storeonce 4500 Backup "The specified network name is no longer available", ALERT ID 3560

Hi!

Periodically, access to the HP StoreOnce 4500 is lost through the explorer Windows clients . Ping and web interface is working.  Error that comes out "The specified network name is no longer available".  A temporary solution that I found: I go to a web interface. In CIFS Server settings I change the SMB protocol (the choice between SMB1, SMB2, ALL) to any other, I save this configuration and problem resolved. After an indefinite time, the error is repeated.  Sometimes it can be that some users have access, and some get an error. 

Software Revision 3.16.5-1746.4

In Events on StoreOnce I see this:

ALERT ID 3560

Event Code E08050000

Message: [ssid1]: D2DManager process state has changed: OK to Critical (NASMan)

Root Cause: The specified service set state changed

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
NarayanKK-SO
HPE Pro

Re: HP Storeonce 4500 Backup "The specified network name is no longer available", ALERT ID

Hello,

Looks like a known issue.

The performance issue was caused by the customer using backupexec with GRT enabled and/or DLO (Veritas Desktop Laptop Option). The cause of the crashes are software bugs where the HP-SMB try to run a command without permission, i.e. tries to do something illegal and the kernel stops it.

Workaround:-

Stop using GRT enabled backups with Backupexec and stop using DLO (Veritas Desktop Laptop Option) for backups as these are unsupported configurations. These applications work like a 'copy to file', 'copy to store', which is like drag and drop, which does not work well with StoreOnce Shares.

This is one part of the issue based on the details provided. There are other factors which might cause this issue. We can identify it by analyzing a Support ticket.

We might need a Ticket logged for this issue. Make sure a case is logged with a fresh set of support ticket. We will analyze and check if this is related to the previously related issue. If so, then we might have to request for CR Version SW from our internal team.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise] Accept or Kudo
Rinat_Astana
Frequent Visitor

May be just power off and  never do not use device?!

If this problem known issue how decide it?

Any suggestions? Thanks.

NarayanKK-SO
HPE Pro

Hello Rinat,

An upgrade can be performed to the latest available version. 

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_cb5aa5878d2a439d95745c672b#tab2

Refer to the known issues tab where it talks about SMB support and issues faced. We expect a fix to be available in any of the next available versions.

Thanks

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise] Accept or Kudo