108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lefthand Networks documentation?

SOLVED
Go to solution
IanWSmith
Occasional Advisor

Lefthand Networks documentation?

Now that the LHN site is no longer available, where is the vast quantity of information that used to be available for the LeftHand SAN? Especially products that are no longer sold? is this going to be made available again?
12 REPLIES 12
IBaltay
Honored Contributor

Re: Lefthand Networks documentation?

hi,
maybe this could help you:
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/p4000/models.html
the pain is one part of the reality
IanWSmith
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, but that's a link to the current product list. The resouce library linked to from there has like 20 documents? None of which pertain to any downlevel releases, or hardware that was sold 6 months ago. There were hundreds of documents on the LHN site.
markem

I thought they had plenty of time to integrate the Lefthand support site before the cutover, but from what I can tell today they haven't even started yet.

HP sucks.

Bobby  Gillette
Occasional Advisor

What version are you looking for? I can FTP to my website or email what I have to you if you're needing say SAN/iQ version 6x or 7x.

I have the install documentation, a PDF on remote copies and snapshots, among others. Not a great deal of information but at least it's a start.

Just let me know and I'll be glad to send them to you or post links to them.
IanWSmith
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the offer! Well, the particular document I was looking for was a PDF I saw on there a week or so ago, something like "Best Practices for montioring Lefthand SAN ith Solarwinds Orion" or some such. I just upgraded to Orion 9 to take advantage of some of the things I saw in there, and then they disappeared the document.....

If you have it and can post it somewhere, that would be awesome. I'm trying to get teh full set of docs from my account team, but no luck yet. If I get them, I will host them and post the link here.
Bobby  Gillette
Occasional Advisor

I don't specifically have the docs for Orion, but I'll definitely keep an eye out during my "Internets" travels :)
Gauche
Trusted Contributor

I think I can find that doc for you. I'll look and just attach it here if it fits.
Adam C, LeftHand Product Manger
Gauche
Trusted Contributor

I can't actually attach it here because it's bigger than 1MB. I'll update when it's posted somewhere.
Adam C, LeftHand Product Manger
IanWSmith
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, I got it from my account team.