1755720 Members
3544 Online
108837 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Replacing storage node question?

Cajuntank MS
Valued Contributor

Replacing storage node question?

In one of my management groups, I have 3 storage nodes. Two are 3.6TB and one is a 2.4TB node (long story)...so I know by having that node in that storage group, it basically made my the other nodes "2.4TB" big as well. So here I am today with a brand new 3.6TB node that I want to replace my 2.4TB node with.

So the question is I guess best practice on doing this. Do I add the 3.6TB node to the storage group, let stripe, then remove the 2.4 or do I remove the 2.4 node, let stripe, then add the 3.6 node in? They both on paper sound the same, but just want to make sure of any potential caveats with one or the other.

I know as soon as I remove that 2.4TB node, I will gain an additional 1.6TB of raw space due to the reason I explained earlier. My volumes are RAID 10 and my individual nodes are RAID 5. My management group reports I have 57% utilization on disk storage. And lastly, everything is up to latest software rev.

2 REPLIES 2
Cajuntank MS
Valued Contributor

Nevermind. Found where I could exchange the nodes as soon as I move the new node into the management group. Nice feature.

Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Hi,

You can also have a look at HP Guided troubleshooting for querries about Lefthand networks and other HP storage products.

Link for the same is below:

http://h20584.www2.hp.com/hpgt/guides/select?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=4118659&lang=en&cc=us

Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!