1756069 Members
4808 Online
108840 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP NC6000 administrator password

Millard Taylor
Occasional Advisor

HP NC6000 administrator password

I have a NC6000 series Laptop from Ebay. When I got it there was a power on password problem. I unplugged the rtc battery from the board and it reset that I guess. Every time I turn it on it asks for it and I have to restart and restart and unplug the battery again. Then it comes up to press F1 to save settings. Then it goes on and I put it all back together and turn it back on and there it is again. I can not go into the cmos to disable the password junk because it asks for administrator password. The seller has no clue what it is. Unplugging the RTC battery does not work no matter how long you leave it unplugged. Someone said short some pins. What pins? Is there a solution to this? Is it time to trash it? Where are passwords stored? Would a new power button board do away with the password troubles? Mine does not have the security module attached to the power button board. Or it is gone if it did. Can someone please help. Please email me at taylor703@setel.com Sorry for the long post.
4 REPLIES 4
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HP NC6000 administrator password

You would be further ahead to post on the correct forum.
Business support forums - notebooks - N-Series, Armada, EVO, LTE, Tablet PC
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=274
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

Hello Millard,

You need to replace a hardware piece, I don't remeber what piece it was but support should be able to tell you. I cost me about 200 euro's to replace it.

Best regards,

SCOOTER
Millard Taylor
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much for your reply. Do you remember if it had anything to do with the power button board? I read somewhere that someone replaced their board and it solved the problem. Please reply soon.
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Millard,

Sorry, cant help you there. I checked for my emails regarding this but I seem to have discarded them when the problem was solved.

Best regards,

SCOOTER