Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1757735 Members
2196 Online
108863 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IpAddrMgr Message

evetech

IpAddrMgr Message

Hello. I have a Procurve 5406zl switch and it started logging a warning. It states "W 03/09/11 09:29:26 00518 IpAddrMgr: 172.16.255.253 unresponsive to sustained traffic of ~2091 pkts/sec". However, that particular ip address was permanently taken offline 2 days ago. I have 14 VLANS and the switch is routing 12 of them but that ip address is not the VLAN interface ip address for any of them. When I enter the show arp command, the above mentioned IP has a mac of 000000-000000. I have tried rebooting the switch, clearing the arp table as well as issuing the no arp command with no success. The address keeps appearing. Please advise. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Helper
Valued Contributor

Re: IpAddrMgr Message

Hi,

IF you can upgrade to the latest K.15.03 code you should configure an ACL to deny this IP address src and dst with log option. This should help you to identify the source of this packet.

Bye.
evetech

Conti,

Thank you for your reply. I updated to the latest version last week. I will go ahead and apply the ACL w/ log options and post the results. Once again, I appreciate your response.

evetech

UPDATE.....

Thanks again Conti for the advice. I applied the ACL to the vlan with logging and a minute or 2 later the arp mapping was removed. Turns out a machine on that vlan was sending out the arp request to that IP. The next step is to go to that machine and clear its arp cache. Thanks again for the help.