1756306 Members
2999 Online
108844 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve Manager and VPN

Bjorn Tore Paulen
Frequent Advisor

Procurve Manager and VPN

I use NetScreen Remote VPN client on my computer. If I ping my remote network (for instance the NetScreen at 10.0.0.1), the tunnel comes up, and after a few errors I get response. When I run the Procurve Manager locally there are no problems. If I search explicitly for 10.0.0.2 (the server), nothing happens. It seems that the VPN client can't see the correct header (if it did, the tunnel would pop up).

Anyone...?
4 REPLIES 4
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Does your IP change after you make the VPN connection or does it stay the same?
Maybe what you could try is shutdown the ProCurve Manager server (by going to the Services in control panel and stopping the HP ProCurve Manager server), then connecting to your VPN and restarting the server.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Just had a thought, take a look at the Install Guide for information on Using ProCurve Manager on multi-homed systems.

I think when you VPN your system becomes multi-homed and you need to handle that.
Bjorn Tore Paulen
Frequent Advisor

I did read the part on multi-homed systems first, but it doesn't give any solutions to the problem. After all; the traffic towards the server should be taken care of bye the VPN client software - that is if the header in the packets are correct.
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

Are you getting any message from ProCurve Manager?

try,
-add the client 10.*.*.* address as shown in the Using ProCurve Manager on multi-homed systems.
-make sure you have added your client IP address to the access.txt file on the remote server.
-try hitting connect a couple of times, as this is a one time TCP connect with no automatic reties.