Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNTP SERVER DON'T WORK

SNTP SERVER DON'T WORK

I've a switched procurve network with 5300 as edge switches and 9300 as core switches. I want to synchronize the switches date & time with sntp protocol. I've installed "Tftpd32" daemon as SNTP server in "Windows 2003" and i've followed the manual instructions but don't work. Any help? Thanks in advance!
Mersault
5 REPLIES
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SNTP SERVER DON'T WORK

Don't know about that daemon but I have no problems to sync 5300 switches to my W2K Domain Controllers using NTP.

Does a TFTP server do double-duty as a NTP server too?
Kell van Daal
Respected Contributor

I am not familiar with the tftpd32 daemon, but here are the settings I use for syncing to a sntp-server:

sntp server 10.20.1.2
timesync sntp
sntp unicast

As you see there are a few things you can configure. Maybe you missed one? (sntp unicast is one that is missed quite often).
claramunt_1
Advisor

I've used Tftpd32 and works fine. Is SNTP server running?
claramunt_1
Advisor

I've used Tftpd32 and works fine. Is SNTP server running?

I have solved the problem. THE sntpserver was not well configured in the switches. Thanks a lot for your collaboration!
Mersault