3886 Online
108838 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Verify connection between 1g and 10g switches

jerryroy1
Occasional Advisor

Verify connection between 1g and 10g switches

Hi All,

Can someone help me? I am new to HPE/Aruba switches and need to know some shortcuts

So how can I tell there is a trunk between my 1 gig and ten gig switches? All are HPE/Aruba. Last time I was at Data Center, I saw almost all ports are populated.

There are 6 10G switches, there is a "sync or stacking" cable between a group of two 10g switches (labeled DMZ), and another group of 4 more 10g (labeled DB). What is the cable actually called?

There are six 1 Gig switches and there is a sync/stacking cable between one group of three (DMZ) and the other group three (DB).

How can I confirm the 1 gig and 10g are connected to each other without being onsite? I have remote access and have been using the web interface. Can you please tell me an easy way from the cli how to validate I have a trunk between 1g and 10g switches that are carrying the same vlans?

I have six of these. 

HPE FF 5700-32XGT-8XG-2QSFP+ Switch JG898A

and 6 of these

HP A5500-24G-4SFP HI 

Thanks for your help!

2 REPLIES 2
jmpk
HPE Pro

Re: Verify connection between 1g and 10g switches

Hi @jerryroy1 

I understand that the word trunk you referring as VLAN trunking , not the Link-Aggregation (correct me if am wrong).

To veify the trunk carry same vlan you can check interface configuration "display current-configuraion Interface Tengig <Number> or you can check with "display vlan All/brief" 

"display lldp neighbor-information list" this command help you to check the LLDP information that the local device receives from the neighboring devices in the form of a list.

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Re: Verify connection between 1g and 10g switches

Pay attention that IRF (virtual switch) could have been implemented too on those types of switch series...

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner