3542 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Executing bash via web interface - may webmin it' not enough

SOLVED
Go to solution

Executing bash via web interface - may webmin it' not enough

Hi, Hoping not already posted.

I used webmin to let bash script to be used via web interface.
The limit I found is that scritps which ask for manual inputs could not be used. Well, I can use flags for options or text inputs at the beginning while creating the command, but not during it's execution i.e. via "read" comand.
Do you know if there's a web tool for this task?
Thanks!
Leo.
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I think it's difficult to find that because after you send the POST message will be a little complicated to obtain the prompt of the script.

Maybe you can modify your script to run in two forms, interactive and batch. For example, if you specify "-batch", expect to receive all input as arguments, otherwise, run in interactive mode.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
dirk dierickx
Honored Contributor

in webmin there is also a java web console, this is a fully interactive shell like you would have with putty or the likes.
MattJ123
Frequent Advisor
Solution

I would suggest:
http://anyterm.org/

It requires a little bit of work to get going, but its pretty cool and works really well.

Only downside is the inherent security risk, so if you can, make sure to configure apache to ip restrict the directory its residing in, or some other means of security.

Reply to Matthew and Dirk.
I didn't tested Dirk suggested solution because I didn't find the module..

About anyterm, I should give 10pt to Matthew, because it works. I tested with a RH-ES3.
Bye,
Leo.