1753623 Members
5643 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion

HBA's compatibility matrix for OS and SAN

simma
Occasional Advisor

HBA's compatibility matrix for OS and SAN

I have 2 servers with the model HP server rx4640 running with HPUX 11i v2 ,64 bit, it is having 2 HBA’s. HBA model is  HP A6826-60001 2Gb Dual Port PCI/PCI-X Fibre Channel Adapter . Part number of the HBA’s are A6826-60001.

One server is N4000-44 running with HP-UX 11.11, having one HBA card. HBA card model is HP Tachyon XL2 Fibre Channel Mass Storage Adapter.

Earlier the above mentioned 3 servers are not connected with the storage, but now we have a plan to connect this server with the HP 3 PAR v 400 using the HBA card’s model as I said above.

Now my concern is anywhere can we check the HBA card compatibility with the storage. HP SN8000B is the SAN switch.  And also will these 11.11 and 11.23 will support for the 3 PAR v 400. Is there any compatability issue on that also ?

Please let me know your ideas and thoughts. Many thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: HBA's compatibility matrix for OS and SAN

The following site (HP SPOCK) is probably the best place to start:

http://h20272.www2.hp.com/Index.aspx

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
simma
Occasional Advisor

Thanks BOB...

I have checked that, but the 3 PAR model and also the HBA's model are not there.

Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

I was clicking around a bit and found this:

• Storage array models 10400 and 10800 were previously known as P10000(V400) and P10000(V800) respectively.

Knowing that I was able to get a compatability listing for the 10400 model.  From what I seen you may have trouble with HP-UX 11.11 and the 2GB HBA's as these were not listed.   The server models and switch model you state were there, so all you need to do is upgrade your OS and HBA's.  Easy enough, right!  Probably not.  

I dont know much about 3PAR so perhaps someone else can confirm or deny what I found.

-Bob

----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
simma
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help BOB....