Operating System - Linux
1757511 Members
2808 Online
108862 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP mini (2133) could not new installed

Maniac_1

HP mini (2133) could not new installed

I bought a 2133 some weeks ago. I immediately removed the original disk with the Vista preinstall and installed a bigger one where I installed Vista business. All works fine.
Now I decided to try SUSE Linux and installed the previously removed disk to install SUSE on that original disk. I tried with an existing 9.3 version of SUSE but not found any HDU. Then I downloaded open SUSE 11.0 and SLED 10SP2 ISO's and burned them to a DVD. Both versions could not be started from USB attached DVD drive (where the 9.3 DVD starts w/o problems) but they start from other machines well. Is there a selection that only a few "certified" Linux could be installed or how I can get a Linux on that box ?
Any ideas would be great !
1 REPLY 1
Maniac_1

Re: HP mini (2133) could not new installed

Addition to my posting:
The "non booting/working" SUSE DVD boots from media, but brings no output and jups to the HDU boot afterwards. I see a very active LED on my DVD and a cursor in the upper left corner of my 2133. But after a short while, the 2133 boots from the Windows HDU that was never recognized by the 9.3 DVD and 10.0 CD SUSE disks (that could be properly booted). So either SUSE is booting but not sees any HDU to perform an install (SUSE 9.3 and 10.0) or SUSE (SLES 10.1, SLED 10.1 and openSUSUE 11) did like it could not boot from disk (even if there is a longer activity on the USB drive)