Operating System - HP-UX
1756643 Members
2520 Online
108849 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to move processor from npar to other?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mousa55
Super Advisor

How to move processor from npar to other?

Hi All,

I have two cabinet of rp8420 server in each cabinet 4 partition, I want to move one CPU(PA8900 4.1) from cell 0 in first cabinet
To cell 3 in second cabinet, the first cell 0 it is include 4 processor and cell 3 only one processor in (0A/0B).
How I can to move this processor from cell 0 to cell 3 ? and what is the processor I can choose from four CPU in cell 0 (CPU0, CPU1,CPU2, CPU3)?
And How can I determine which processor

Thanks & kind Regards
3 REPLIES 3
Peter Weibbrecht
Occasional Advisor

you cannot move a cpu from cell to other cell with npar cmds.
An npar's granularity is based on the Cellboard.
Finer granularity on PA-Risc Machines is only possible using vpars. With vpars you can manage your resources per cpu and per PCS Slot.
Your only chance while using npars is to move the CPU physicaly from one cell to the other.
I think you have to talk with your HP technician.
.... not this machine!!!
Mousa55
Super Advisor

Hi All,

i mean to move the CPU physicaly from one cell to the other, and i want to work this.
How I can to move this processor from cell 0 to cell 3 ? and what is the processor I can choose from four CPU in cell 0 (CPU0, CPU1,CPU2, CPU3)?
And How can I determine which processor

thanks
Armin Kunaschik
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

I'd ask HP to do this for you! Even if you know what CPU to put into what socket, you'll loose everything if things go wrong. There is a reason why CPU's are non-field replaceable...

Beside that you probably find the hardware description on http://docs.hp.com

My 2 cents,
Armin
And now for something completely different...